Sunday, October 30, 2011

Student at METU

             Of course,When I first came to Ankara, I had difficulties like everybody. Doing laundry,cooking,getting on well with new friends,homesickness,etc. I began to think I would never adapt to this life style even though METU was my dream. As days passed,however,Life became easier for me.
            
           Livin in a dormitory sounded terrible to me because I had never stayed in a dormitory before I came here. I had to learn to live on my own and I scared of this opinion. But, dormiyory life is better and more enjoyable than I thought: You are master of yourself :) I don't have to explain to anyone what I do and that sounds wonderful :)

           Campus life is very nice at METU and has some facilities like gym,tennis courts,restaurants,cafes,groups and so on. You can find everthing you need :) Actually, the campus is nearly as big as my hometown :)

           To talk about lessons, They are,actually,more difficult than I thought. Of course, METU provides us with better and better education than most universities in Turkey do. Most lecturers speak English and sometimes I have some problems with understanding them and especially,expressing myself properly.But I think I will get used to this soon. On the other hand, I have much more spare time than I used to.My schedule is not too busy.I always have time to meet my friends,go to the cinema,etc. In my school years,actually, Idid not have much time to do these.

            I have made nwe friendships at METU and It is the best way to get used to new life because you can do everything you like together.Also,there are a lot of foreigner at METU. You can be friend with them and improve your language skills.

            In addition to these facilities, you can learn several languages at METU.There are a lo of courses and you can attend whichever you want :)

           I have got used to living at METU. But still, I have a problem:Homesickness. I miss my family so much. I have never left from my family befor and It is  a bit difficult to live alone for me,actually. so i am looking foward to holiday :)

To sum up, I am glad to be here. I love my new life,university and new freinds:)

No comments:

Post a Comment