Sunday, October 30, 2011

BEING A STUDENT AT METU

        
      Being a Metu student was my goal in high school. Now I’m a METU student and so I’m happy. I’ve started a new life with METU: new city, new friends, new teachers… It is good that METU is a good beginning in many aspects. In this journal I want to write about the effects of  METU on me in psychological, social and academical aspects.
       First of all, I feel great especially psychological aspect. Because I’m at where I want to be. Also, fulfilling their goals is a very satisfying thing for everyone and I fulfilled my goal by coming to METU. This is a nice feeling. In addition to achieve my goal, I’m happy for that I made my family happy. I didn’t let them down. All these are positive effects of being a METU student on me. But unfortunately, there are some negative effects, too. For  instance, none of my close friends from highschool is in METU. I miss them so much and sometimes I feel as if I was alone. Surely, I know this is not directly bound up with METU. But I can’t help thinking of that if Iwas studying in İzmir, I wouldn’t feel so. Because all my close friends are in İzmir.
       When it comes to social life and physical conditions, surely METU has influenced my social life, too. I like meeting new people, making new friendships. Now, I have many new friends and in order to know each other well, we are doing something together. We’re going shopping, walking, hanging around, chatting. For example, in previous day I hang out with my friends and we went to Devrim. One of us played the guitar and we sang songs together. All of us enjoyed so much. In my opinions, like these ways we are getting know more about one another. Moreover; ther are many social clubs in METU. Thanks to these clubs we can not only become socialized but we can also improve ourselves or help people who need to help. However, like every part of the life there are some difficulties in METU, too. For instance, I think transportation is a problem in here. Buses come too late and ring services are also limited. Because METU is very large area, walking from somewhere to another or waiting is really hard especially in cold weather. But when they are compared with advantages, I think these are little problems.
      Lastly, my academical life is another issue which METU has influenced me. I think studying at METU means having many priorities. Because METU is really qualified university in Turkey, even in the world. So, being a METU student and graduating from here will provide some advantages as long as we improve ourselves. We may have some advantages in our job lives, especially in private sectors.
      Briefly, I’m happy for coming to METU. I’m new to METU but I can already advise here to everyone. I think being a student at METU is a great eligibility. I like this campus. So I’m saying that ‘‘Luckily I’m here’’.

                                                                                                                       Zişan KÜL

No comments:

Post a Comment