Saturday, October 29, 2011

How I met METU :)

           First of all, I should say that METU was not my biggest dream. Through last year I dreamt of Bosporus University but, I couldn’t get enough point in my university exam, so I am here but fortunately happy J
           It has been nearly a month since I first came to METU and I have already got used to the atmosphere of the campus. On my first week it was a little hard for me, because that was the first time I lived in a dormitory, but day by day I really liked it and was happy to be there. That was a socially challenging process but I am a cool person, so it was not hard for me at all to adapt myself to the new circumstances. Therefore it will be tough for me to leave it I guess J
           Before coming to METU, I was aware of the opportunities that I would have, because my sister also graduated from METU and she had already informed me about these. So I was hopeful about it and when I came, I saw that I was right to think in that way. METU is great, it is so satisfying and actually it is a great honor to be a METU student. So I am here, where I should beJ
           Being a METU student is great I think because when you say “I study at METU”, people say “wow!” and that makes you feel so proud.JBesides, nearly all people at METU have respect for each other and that is what I want. I mean when people have respect for each other, every problem can be solved easily.
            I also like the educational system in METU. For example, teachers use English while speaking and so do I, as a student. This is really good for us to improve our speaking skills. In fact, that was the biggest problem I faced in high school. I mean it was hard to find a chance to speak with my friends because most of them were not able to do so. But fortunately this is not a problem for me thanks to METU. To me, speaking part of English is the most important and enjoyable one.
           Last but not least, being in METU, being a METU student and living a METU life are very colorful, enjoyable, engrossing and outstanding. So I feel so lucky to be a METU student and I am happy to spend all my time in this heaven-like placeJ

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if you did not manage to go to Bosphorus Unıversity, you are such a great personality studying at METU. I smiled many times while reading your journal and I'm sure I'll be looking forward to your further journals in the future as they have such a different and great sense of humour. Actually, I mean, it was your good luck to have an older sister studied here before, and you have most of the information about METU, which means you won't get into any trouble except from adapting to the classroom and friends around. What's more, I couldn't agree more when I read you wanted to speak and practice your English inside the classroom. That was also my problem at all, which is NOW solved, actually. You have all "language class" friends around you, yet nobody to practice! But anyway, in the scoreboard, I see you have a great improvement with regards to this already-solved trouble. Lastly, it is good that I have many many friends like you who are in favour of supporting me while I'm a goalkeeper, which actually gives me a sense of trust especially under the control the games and during the matches.

    ReplyDelete