Saturday, October 29, 2011

Aysegul's Reflection

          Before i came here,this university was nothing special for me,even if i knew its popularity.Though i have stayed here for a short time understand i could understand that ,METU is a little bit difficult place to live,to study,to adapt.But studying in this university has a lot of good things at the same time.
          The first good thing is being a METU student.It is very cool to say that ” i am studying  there.” This sentence really attracts peole around you. It is the ‘etiquet thing’,i guess.You can get this idea even before you come here.In present and future time,it will be so useful when i look for job or something like that.
          The campus is really fascinating for me.Everything is inside it and you don’t have to go somewhere else for basic needs.Since my dormitory is near “çarşı”,i take advantage of the functions well.Even in a few minutes,i can go and eat and do what i want.
          METU people,i mean the students,are very kind;that is what i like most here.I also like the free youth here.They are in their business and do not judge each other.
          My dorm-mates are cute and outgoing people.I did not find it difficult to socialize with them.Their being older than me is an advantage,since they are helpful and open my questions.
          But,of course,not everythig is good here.My lessons are early in the morning,i find it hard to get up at 7.While i am going to faculy,everybody is sleepig in the room.So it is a disturbing situation.
          It would be easy to go,if the faculty was near.But we are like crawling in ring services every morning.The drivers are always angry and shouting at somebody.The rings are already crowded,when we get on,so we can not have a seat almost everytime.
          The weather issue is another problem for all of us.The dry cold in mornings,the dry hot in the noons.For me,it is hard to get used to,because my hometown is humid even in winters.But here,you can not wear the dresses in the noontime what you wear in the morning.
          Like everybody,i miss my family,my close friends,the home atmosphere so much.This is the first time i have been away from home so i am affected psychologically mostly.
          When it comes to the lessons,they are not enjoyable like the high school lessons.You have to attend regularly.But it is not enough to attend,you must participate the class discussions and show your speaking ability.Since i was not used to speak so fluently,i found it hard to explain my answers correctly in the first lessons.
          When all these negative and positive things come to my mind,i want to say that being here is so good.I feel grown up and free.But i am looking forward to the bairam,i wish the religious holiday could be longer.
                                                                                                            thanks for reading.
                                                                                                       AYSEGUL KOC

2 comments:

  1. First of all, holidays are never long enough if you are living away from your family :)Also, I really agree living in METU is really hard, but at the same time you feel that the hardships you go through add many good traits to your personality. As for the case of ring services, I saw many incidents in which people got hurt, fell in the aisle and got stuck between the automatic doors so try to be careful as much as you can :) Great wrinting, I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all,i am really sorry for being late to comment you.i find your comment so well.thanks for your opinions Sinem.

    ReplyDelete