Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ankara is  lovely city. I like it very much. I wanted to study in a university in Ankara, and that university was METU. Before the results of university entrance exam were announced i was very anxious whether i would study in METU or not. The results were announced and finally i was a member of METU family. :) Initially it came me different. I live in a small town. But Ankara is very big and crowded. I had a process to adapt to new friends, new environment, new school. It is getting easier day by day. That my brother and my sister is here is also a very big chance for me. Whenever i need something i can ask for help fromthem. Second advantage is that i stayed in a dormitory when i was in high school years. Thanks to this i can manage my time and cope with the things which i have to do. METU has a great campus. All of faculties are together. It is wonderful to see friends who are in the different deparments. It has lots of oppurtinities such as meals, student groups,sport center. There is a refectory and you can eat there by paying little. In addition to it another places are available. There are many different choices. Student groups are good to spend our spare time. We are free to choose whatever we want. Each fields such as music, sport, education, dancing have a group. We can do sport whenever we want. There is a sport center for this. On the other hand, i have seven lessons and i have to attend each classes. At the beginnig i am afraid of not being able to myself because education language is English but i have been adjusting this situation step by step. I  have a lot of things i have to do for each other. Sometimes they are very boring but there is nothing which can be done. My faculty is far way from my accomadation. It is a big problem especially i have a lesson in late hours. Because rings are not available after five and i have to walk. Besides it,ring drivers are very angry and rings are very crowded. Regardless of all these points education quality of metu is very good and i think this is the most important thing. I am a member of METU. I am very glad that i am here.

                                                                                                                HANDE NUR SÜREN

1 comment:

  1. Dear handenurcum, i like your ideas very very much. We are thinking same things in most of these. But handenurcum i think we are not paying little to cafeteria. It is too much for meal. For example in Istanbul university, they are paying too little too it. Why me? Why us? It is our right to eat by paying too little. Because we are student, too. And you wrote that your siblings live in Ankara. It is such a great opportunity that you should thank to God. Many of students are have to do something lonely. If you are bored, you can go them and you can relax. But not so many of the students have this chance. And one more thing I want to say. You wrote ring problem. It is such a bull shit! Which reason can explain why there is no ring after 17.00 even if there are lessons. That’s all. Take care my honey.
    Your Sister Mualla ACAR :D

    ReplyDelete