Saturday, October 29, 2011

Getting Used To Metu

     Of course in the begining,I knew that I would go through an adaptation process and experience some difficulties.Because I was starting a new life in a different city,in different people and in different atmosphere.Naturally a new life will  bring some difficulties.But I must confess I could not predict that all the these things would be too difficult for me.
    One of the most predictable challenges-probably you can guess it easily-is homesick.In the first days, I missed very much my family,my home and my city.I had never left  from my family  before I came in METU.So  I was not accustomed to live far away from my family.I learnt  first time in METU what living in dormitory mean.Getting used to live in dormitory were the most trouble and the most compulsive thing for me.In the first days,when I woke up in my bed in dormitory,I was asking myself that where was I, what was I doing in here.But person  is getting used everything in the course of time.I also orientated. I had to.
     Another thing forcing me is lessons.Because there are many difference between lessons of high school and university.Especially,first days of university passed with difficulty for me.As we can speak only English in lessons, however ,in high school, we didn't practice adequately speaking of English,therefore I was a little bit forced in lessons.But I am getting into slowly my lessons and teachers.
   Ohh the weather of Ankara.What can I talk about it? It is always cold.In the morning, when I am going to my lessons,weather is cold and so you must wear something like coat.In the noon, weather is suddenly warming up and you have to dress out coat.because really it is hot and, in the night, weather  is getting terrible  cold.In order to adapt these conditions,you must go everywhere with a  suitcase.
     I have always mentioned challenges until now.Well, did I encounter good things?Surely,I encountered a lot of good things.First of all,METU is so different world.Everything is thought for you.There is many facilities for every kind of activity.So it is really privilege to live in METU.
      In here,I  met a lot of new people.I made new friends from different cities of Turkey and also foreign countries.I learnt diverse information from different culteres and still I am learning a new thing everyday.In METU,there are a lot of groups such as orientering,swimming,music,diving etc.By joining these groups, you can do  a great many activities.I am interested in photography so much.So,I took part Amateur Photography Group and still I am going on joining course of Photography.
    In this my formidable process,my family supported  me every time  and so I must thank every one of them.I am happy to live to be student in METU for now and  I hope it is always so.
                  
                                                                                                              Thank you..
                                                                                                       Cem Berkay Okumuş

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I personally was forced to delete my previous comment due to author copyrgihts, which I could not break through :) Cem, no comments for you after that :P

    ReplyDelete