Saturday, October 29, 2011

BEING A UNIVERSITY STUDENT FOR THE FIRST TIME

                                                    
     Being a university student is a very exciting case, especially at METU. I experienced this situation while entering, walking around, registering and getting out. Apart from that, it is also a hard thing being  a university student because of  being new, not knowing one another and where you go, etc... I feel I am going through an adaptation process since I have just left high school and don't know much thing about university.  Consequently, there are lots of differences between high school and university. For example, some of them, I don't have to attend all classes even if I am present at deparment, but I am responsible for all exams. Teachers mostly don't drop notes and inform us on deadlines, but I need to take notes and remember deadlines. I need to adjust my time on my own, anyone doesn't force me to do something like in high school. Exceptionally, being away from family, lack of concentration and self-confidence may be sometimes problematic for me. however, I have made some friends, and we have been doing some sportive and enjoyable activities together recently. Therefore, in this adaption process, I haven't had nearly no problems to take seriously and it seems to be exciting and enjoyable.
    When it comes to advantages of being a METU student, METU is a great university and has the biggest campus in Turkey.Significantly, it is an excellent vocational training center for students. To illustrate, it takes place in three best universities in Turkey nearly in each branch that is present at METU. Campus life is also exceptional and awesome. Almost everything that I need is present at METU, I don't even need to exit if I don't want. we have a lot of opportunities at METU in many aspects such as training and activities. Student communities, sport halls, çarşı district, tennis courts and so many things that I can't count are reachable at METU. I had lots of expectations from uiversity before attending, and METU seems to fullfill almost all of them. I think being a METU student is a privilege and requires many qualifications. So, I believe I made a good choice by attending METU.

No comments:

Post a Comment