Saturday, October 29, 2011

Reflection Journal 1: Being a METU student

     It was a little bit confusing for me to be here at first but I had always wanted to be a METU student so adaptation was not a hard process for me.
     Fortunately, I had met with some friends when I first came here (6th September 2011) so I was not worry about new friends. I had never been away from my home and family before I came here, yet it was not difficult for me to get accustomed to staying in dormitory. 
     In METU, there are many clubs and communities that we can join. For our personal development, it is very important to have such opportunities. There are sport facilities, too. You can do any sport that you can imagine. Besides, education system of METU is among the bests. Being a METU student is a privilege in all aspects.
     Still, I have some minor difficulties. For instance, we speak in English in lessons and I find it difficult because I have not done this before. But I think I will get used to it. Another problem is ring sevices. Before our lesson finish, they stop working so we have to walk to dormitory even in cold weathers. The weather is another problem for me. I came from Izmir so ,for me, the weather changed extremely. There is no humidity, no sweat, no warmth, but too much cold and snow. I think it will be difficult for me to adjust the weather. In terms of lesson, I have some problems with English Literature. It was really difficult for me trying to understand Turkish poems but now we are dealing with English Literature moreover we are doing this in old English! 
     But I am here despite all these difficulties and I must count myself lucky because of that. Here ,in the best university of Turkey, everything will be very good for me ,I believe that..

No comments:

Post a Comment